Hair Removal Solutions in Houston
November 15 2018
Though the temperatures are dropping and Summer is definitely over, we still have to think about removing unwanted hair. Here at Skin Essentials Luxury Med Spa and Salon in Houston, we offer a full range of waxing services, from brow shaping to legs and virtually everywhere in between. We’ve gathered a list of a few of the benefits of waxing, just in case you need convincing that this is the ultimate hair removal method.
Less regrowth. With waxing, the hair is pulled out directly from the root. Because of this, your skin will remain smooth for the period of time that spans from the renewal of the ripped hair follicle to the moment the hair shaft reaches the skin surface. This whole process usually takes three to four weeks, which is also the average time that goes by between waxing appointments. By contrast, when you shave, the razor is only cutting the hair shaft on the skin's surface. This leaves behind a blunt edge that quickly regrows in the form of stubble.
Gentle exfoliation. Waxing strips off the outermost layer of skin, which means that your skin will feel smoother longer. While waxing does act as a gentle exfoliator, we recommend that you exfoliate a couple of days before your waxing appointment to prepare the skin for the procedure. Never exfoliate on the same day as your appointment since this could make your skin too sensitive. A couple of days after appointment, you can exfoliate again. This post-waxing exfoliation is one of the best ways to keep ingrown hairs at bay.
Less inflammation. Repeated shaving leads to chronic skin inflammation from the friction of the razor against the skin. This can also lead to skin discoloration because the skin reacts to inflammation by becoming thicker, and melanocytes (the pigment-making cells in the skin) become more active. This common disadvantage of shaving can be greatly relieved with waxing since the skin will be less exposed to repeated friction.
Less chance of ingrown hairs. It is important to use the correct waxing technique to avoid ingrown hairs (hair that re-grows back into the skin, causing red bumps). The pull has to be quick and the skin has to be held taut while performing the procedure. We recommend you see a professional for this, as they have extensive tools, knowledge, and experience at their disposal to help you avoid unnecessary discomfort and ingrown hairs.
Ready to make smooth, hair-free skin a part of your self-care routine? The team here at Skin Essentials Luxury MedSpa and Salon is ready to help remove that unwanted hair. Come on into our location at 11464 Space Center Blvd, Houston, or give us a call at 281-487-2828 to schedule your appointment today. You can also download our free app from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play.
- BioTE Hormone Therapy in Houston
- Get Party Ready with a Sexy New Cut
- Flawless Face for the Holidays
- CoolSculpting in Houston
- Hair Removal Solutions in Houston
- Create a New Look With Extensions
- Hair Loss Restoration in the Man Cave
- Skin Essentials Luxury Med Spa and Salon at your Fingertips!
- The Benefits of Facials
- A Bit About Massage Therapy
- Exfoliating Treatments For the Health of Your Skin
- Color Camo in the Man Cave
- Let’s Talk Cosmetic Injections!
- Complete Your Look With Lash and Brow Tinting
- Easy Summer Hairstyles
- Microblading for the Perfect Brows
- Acne Treatments at Skin Essentials
- Age Management in Houston
- The Man Cave at Skin Essentials
- Medical Weight Loss in Houston
- ThermiTight in Houston
- ThermiVa in Houston
- ThermiSmooth Treatment in Houston
- BioTE Hormone Therapy in Houston
- Beat the Bulge in 2018 with CoolSculpting
- What is the O Shot?
- CoolSculpting or Liposuction?